Lung Cancer can be broken down into two groups;
- Small Cell lung cancer
- Non-Small cell lung cancer
There is currently no cure for lung cancer however�preventative measures can reduce the risk of developing lung cancer.
Causes of Lung Cancer
People who have worked with asbestos also�have a risk of getting lung cancer. Although asbestos was used it is now not used at work or at home.
Radon gas is radioactive. If you inhale the gas into your lungs, its decay can increase your chance of getting the cancer.
- Chest pains
- A cough that does’nt go away and gets worse
- Repeated pneumonia or bronchitis
- Coughing up blood
- Loss of weight or appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of the neck and face
This could be related to other conditions therefore we advise you to visit your doctor.
- This is done when it is thought that the tumor can be removed.
- This will damage the cells which stops them from growing.
- This will kill the cancer cells.
Which treatments you get depends on several things such as size, location type.