Flu. Flu can be divided into 3 types.
- Type A is the most common
- Type B has milder symptoms and is less common
- Type C is even less common and is like a cold
It is a respiratory illness caused by the influenza virus. Most people will recover from flu but young children and older people may have complications from the flu. The flu is not a bad cold. Old people should be immunized once a year. It is spread in the same way as colds.
- Sore throat
- Blocked or runny nose
There is currently no cure for flu but it is advised to;
- Bed rest until a normal temperature returns
- Drink fluids
- Take painkillers to ease pains
If your symptoms get worse or last a long time visit your doctor.