Contact lenses are a modern alternative to spectacles. They are placed on the cornea of the eye. They come is several forms; hard and soft. The main one being soft lenses. Many people wear contact lenses to correct their vision.
- Hard Lenses
- Made of firm polymer plastic material.
- Easy to clean
- Must remove before going to sleep
- Soft Lenses
- Less Durable but more comfortable
- Made out of a softer plastic – hydrogel
- More porous meaning an increased risk of eye irritation and infection
- Normally removed at the end of the day
The most common problems of wearing contact lenses are;
- excess tearing
- sensitivity to light
- occasional blurred or distorted vision.
If uncared for these conditions can be worse and increase the chance of eye infection.
There are places where you can purchase coloured ones, disposable ones etc.
Contact Lense Council