Breast Cancer�is�common disease�in women where a portion of the breast tissue transforms into cancer. The cancer then spreads to other parts of the body.
- It is mainly women who get the cancer.
- The risk of breast cancer increases as you get older. A women who is 30 has 1/280 chance of developing the cancer within 10years. 1/70 for a woman aged 40 to 1/40 at 50 years. A 60 year old has a 1 in 30 chance of developing breast cancer in the next 10 years.
- Diet Causes
- Environmental Causes
- A lump in or near the breast
- Size or shape change of the breast.
- A discharge from the nipple.
- A change in the color or feel of the skin of the breast, areola, or nipple (dimpled, puckered, or scaly).
This could be related to other conditions therefore we advise you to visit your doctor. In most cases it is not cancer.
- Radiation Therapy
- Hormonal Treatment
Depending on the stage and type of the tumour, just a lumpectomy (removal of the lump only) may be all that is necessary or removal of larger amounts of breast tissue may be necessary. Surgical removal of the entire breast is called mastectomy.