Acne is a chronic disorder characterized by excess production of oil causing the hair follicles on the face to be plugged. This leads to the tiny pores becoming inflamed.
- Hormonal activity
- Hyperactive sebaceous glands
- Accumulation of dead skin cells
- Bacteria in the pores
- Skin irritation or scratching
- Anything containing halgens
- Exposure to high levels of chlorine compounds
It is often beleived that�diet. chocolate,�chips and sugar, among others, affect acne.�However they �have not been shown to affect acne.
Treatments for Acne
- Wash the infected area twice a day.Don’t use strong soaps, the body needs a bit of oil
- Avoid picking spots.It can cause scarring
- You can get over the counter drugs such as lotions that containbenzoyl help dry out the skin.
- Your doctor will be able to give you more advice if your condition is serious.